[vtkusers] Problem with AppendPolyData

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 07:40:11 EST 2011

2011/1/13 FUJII Kenji <kenji.fujii at noe.co.jp>:
> Hi, There.
>
> I was trying to merge some PolyData to interpolate them at a time by
> vtkProbeFilter and vtkDelaunay3D.
> so I was preparing PolyData which has Points and Scalars data
> and merging them, using AppendPolyData class.
> But I think AppendPolyData didn't work precisely.
> Because AppendPolyData's object didn't have any Points.
>
> The python code and binary data file are being attached to this mail.
> If someone knows why it doesn't work well, please reply.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I suggest separating the "VTK" from the "data". That is, make an
example that generates its own data rather than reading it from your
files. If it then works properly, you know there is either a problem
with your data or how you are reading your data. If it does not, it
will convince us that the problem is with the VTK and give us a much
easier piece of code to debug.

David