[vtkusers] [WIN7+VS2010+VTK]How to fix this problem: Unable to start program

Fan Yang stoneyang0915 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 06:16:08 EST 2011

Hi, everyone!

I am a new VTK user. And I was busy with configuring the toolkit on my
computer this afternoon.

Here is my problem:

System: WIN 7 Home Basic
MSVS 2010
VTK 5.6.1
CMake 2.8.3

Phenomenon: I configured the VTK source code by CMake and compiled the
VTK.sln by MSVS 2010 with both the
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS and BUILD_EXAMPLES off. The compilation was completed
sucessfully.

After that, I intended to try some examples to see if my configuration
is done. So I copied
the .cxx file and .list file from the
\examples\Tutorial\Step1\cxx\
to a newly estabished directory and then CMaked the source into another
folder. The compilat-
ion was suceeded. But when I pressed the "Run" button, MSVS 2010 told me
that:

Unable to start program 'D:\...\VTK\Programs\Cone1\bin\Debug\ALL_BUILD'
System couldn't find the specified file.

So I located the directory manually and double-clicked the generated
executables and it displ-
ayed a cone rotating 360 degrees and then disappears, left the console
window with "Press any
key to continue...." on it.

Problem: How can I fix this problem? Is there anyone who had the same
problem? I need your help!

Fan Yang
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Beijing, PR China