[vtkusers] file format for transient data

Alejandro Marcos Aragón alejandro.aragon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 13:49:05 EST 2011

Hi everybody,

I have the following issue, and no matter how much I search the internet, I can't find an answer for it. I used to work with static analysis, so writing an unstructured grid file worked like a charm for me. However, now I'm doing transient analysis. My first approach was to write unstructured grid files for each of the time steps, and this works well. The thing is that it doesn't make much sense to repeat the information about the mesh in every single time step. Thus, can anyone point me in the direction of the right file format to use? I need a file format where the information of the mesh is given only once, and each subsequent file just gives information about the results (displacements, stresses, etc.).

Thank you all,

Alejandro M. Aragón