[vtkusers] How to find out which library to link against

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 10:38:09 EST 2011

Real newbie question - I am really just starting out with VTK and am starting
to play around a bit further than the examples. I am working on Windows with
Visual Studio 2010, and I have built everything using CMake successfully and
the examples compile and run fine.

My question is quite simple really - I'm surprised I haven't found any info
after lots of searching, so I am assuming I have missed something obvious.
Where would I find out which .lib to link against for a given class? For
example, if I wanted to use vtkImplicitPlaneWidget, how would I find out
which .lib to link against. This info doesn't seem to be present in the
DOxygen generated help pages (which I guess is expected as they are cross
platform and generated from the source code). Any help would be greatly
appreciated.