[vtkusers] Volume rendering Bug when spacing between slices is 0

Fireman Fireman vtkusersneedhelp at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 5 10:28:54 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a question regarding volume rendering with gpu based volume ray casting and .

When I use  the GPURenderDemo example (provided with VTK 5.6.1),the rendering gives an assertion failure

Assertion '"check: positive_low_bounds" && lowBounds[2]>= 0.0"'

And  when implementing volume rendering with the vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper there 's no volume rendred (no crash just a black window)

I looked at the original images and it seems that spacing between slices is 0

spacing[0] == 0.679688
spacing[1] == 0.679688
spacing[2] == 0

Please let me know if you have run into this .

How can I avoid this problem ?

Thank you in advance