[vtkusers] vtkImageStencil

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 13:14:28 EST 2011

Hi,

I have an image with a certain extent and a stencil whose extent is a sub-extent
of the image's extent (entirely within the image's extent).

Now I would like to create a sub-image of the given image using the
vtkImageStencil class and the given stencil with the sub-extent.

However I am getting errors like this one
ERROR: In
/build/buildd/vtk-5.2.1/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 698
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x5c41270): The update extent specified in the
information for output port 0 on algorithm vtkTrivialProducer(0x5c40d60) is 0
511 0 511 0 98, which is outside the whole extent 245 287 272 437 36 44.

Which indicates to me that the extent of the output is incorrect. Apart from the
fact I don't really understand why this filter sets the extent of the output
image to the extent of the input image and not to the extent of the stencil, but
has some-one an idea how to prevent this error?

Thanks - Maarten