[vtkusers] Problems using VTK with Java in Windows XP

joe at fluiditymed.com joe at fluiditymed.com
Sat Jan 1 09:48:53 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to get VTK with Java binding to work on a Windows XP machine.
I have generated a build using Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition. When I
try to run the Cone application, I am getting the following:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\VTK-Build\bin\Release\vtkRenderingJava.dll: Can't find dependent
libraries
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
        at cone.Main.<clinit>(Main.java:36)
Exception in thread "main" Java Result: 1

Using Dependency Checker, I have managed to trace this to a missing
DWMAPI.DLL file from vtkRenderingJava.dll. The problem is that DWMAPI.DLL
is a Vista/Win 7 file and does not exist in Windows XP.

Is there a way of getting around this problem?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Kind regards,
Joe