[vtkusers] Problem with Colour Settings in .vtk format when it is used to export to .wrl and .obj from Mayavi

David Cole-Baker David.Cole-Baker at nextspace.co.nz
Sun Feb 27 16:05:43 EST 2011

Hi

We are using pythonxy & mayavi to create a 3D scene from .vtk files.

When the .vtk files are loaded in to mayavi (and surfaces etc added) the colours in the .vtk display nicely, however when the scene is exported to either .obj or .wrl (i.e. "Save Scene As VRML file") the colour is lost and the scene is all changed to one colour and the .wrl or .obj file is all set to one colour (e.g. red as in the case of the .wrl files),

We believe the heart of the problem is something in the .vtk files.  (the one we have been using is attached)
Is this something that Kitware can fix easily enough or is there something else anyone can suggest.

We have the geologist community very interested in sorting this problem out quickly, in particular to help visualise seismic data of the recent Christchurch earthquakes here in New Zealand.

Any help & direction you can give on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

DAVID COLE-BAKER | Account Manager
D: +64.9.571.4102 | M: +64.21.824.899 | E: david.cole-baker at nextspace.co.nz|<mailto:david.cole-baker at nextspace.co.nz%7C> http://www.nextspace.co.nz<http://www.nextspace.co.nz/>
Nextspace Ltd, Level 3, Building C, Millennium Centre, 602 Gt South Rd, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051 | PO Box 11484, Ellerslie, 1542 Auckland, New Zealand

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential or subject to legal professional privilege. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.