[vtkusers] Visualizing multiple isosurfaces using vtkContourFilter

Thommen Korah thkorah at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 12:22:14 EST 2011

I am wondering if there is a bug in vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes. When I create a new instance of this class and a corresponding actor on each label, there seems to be some unwanted side-effects. If only a signle actor is created for one component and the resulting volume plotted, it works correctly. If I call this on two or more components, the resulting volumes appear disconnected and result in surfaces created arbitrarily in other voxels. Do marching cube classes modify the original voxel buffer passed to it?
When I use generateScalars to plot multiple contours simultaneously, that works correctly without generating surfaces all over the place. Using this method, how do I color each separate label differently.
Thanks,Thommen