[vtkusers] Problem with vtkImageData

Victor Mateevitsi mvictoras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:59:13 EST 2011

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I have the following binary files with data:
bathymetry file
temperature file
depth file

I read both the temperature and bathymetry files correctly, display the
surface, create the contour, etc.

The problem I have is the following:
The temperature file extent is
x: 0 -> 130
y: 0 -> 250
z: 0 -> 18
with the value at that place as a scalar (temperature).

and the bathymetry is
x: 0 -> 130
y: 0 -> 250
with the value at that place as a scalar (depth).

So I actually have a temperature reading for each one of the 19 z points.
So after I load the data using the vtkImageReader I request the output and
get an vtkImageData object that has correctly for each x,y,z point the
temperature as a scalar value.

But the z value is not an actual depth value. The depth value is located in
the depth file. So for example for a z value of 10, the depth may be -100.
And because the bathymetry file has as scalars the actual depths, the depth
of the temperature reading is not the same as the bathymetry.

I tried manually to change the z value of each point in the vtkImageData
object, but that didn't worked.
Any ideas of how I can fix that ?

Thank you,
Victor