[vtkusers] can not find some function of R when use R integrated in vtk

Li, Wen wen-li at uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 25 16:49:03 EST 2011

Hi, all

We have been trying to use R in vtk to do some statistic analysis for surfaces.

The program was running perfectly when we simply used functions like "mean" and "sum" in our R script.

But when we try to use other functions like "read.csv()", it complains that this function can not be found.

And we see the errors like,

Error in identical(env, as.environment(i)) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(identical) which requires 2
Error in file(paste(tempdir(), "/Routput.txt", sep = ""), open = "wt+") :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(file) which requires 4
Error in identical(arg, choices) :
  5 arguments passed to .Internal(identical) which requires 2

Any help or suggestion to solve this problem will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Wen Li
The University of Iowa