[vtkusers] Animation using vtkStreamPoint

Subhodeep Ray raysubho510 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 06:47:48 EST 2011

Hi,

Recently we installed and built the latest Vtk release (version 5.6.1) at my
office. Till now we have been using a pretty old version (5.2.0)

Having done that I made the appropriate changes of setting the path of the
new libraries, and tried building the project that I'm working on. Some
errors cropped up initially, which I took care of successfully, but then at
linking time, it started showing errors, that I'm unable to take care
of. (*note:
I'm using Qt with Vtk for the development purposes at my office*)

All the errors are mainly related to *vtkIdType*
(*error:* undefined reference to function X of class Y, where X takes in *
vtkIdType* as argument).

In every function of any vtk class, that takes *vtkIdType* as argument, I
had used *int* in place of that. With the old version of vtk that I had been
using, this issue was not there, but with this new version, this issue seems
to persist.

Moreover even after changing the my argument type from *int* to *vtkIdType*,
I'm unable to get rid of this issue.

I hope I've been able to explain my problem clearly. If not do let me know,
where I need to clarify myself.

This is of extreme importance...All my development is on standby because of
this.

Awaiting a positive reply soon...

Regards,
Ray.