[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] Matching CT and RT dose coordinates

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:06:44 EST 2011

Hi Jothy,

What are the direction cosines?

There is a problem where VTK reinterprets the direction cosines to
change the directions of images produced by the dicom reader.

DICOM specifies that the image patient position is always the upper
left pixel (if you look at the image as a 2D image on a plane like a
monitor).  VTK will take the direction cosine and potentially flip the
image along those cosines.

Mark