[vtkusers] performance issue

vlibertiaux vlibertiaux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:52:21 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

thanks to David Gobbi's help, I was able to design my clipvolumedata
function. Now the program does the job correctly

But now I have a very strange performance issue:
the original program I use was compiled against vtk4.4 maybe two or three
years ago.  I compiled it against vtk5.6 and made some changes to get rid of
the deprecated functions.  Some other function didn't work anymore (like the
original clipvolumedata which used vtkImageStencil and vtkImageClip rather
than vtkImageReslice).

The new program, with only a few changes, is almost 2 times slower than the
original one !  For example, my ClipVolumeData function (code here:
http://codepad.org/Rq4EnnDV) takes *18* seconds to execute !
 There are other parts of the code I didn't change at all which are slower
than the version compiled against vtk4.4
Time is really an issue for my application.  According to you, what could be
the cause of this behaviour and how can I solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Vincent