[vtkusers] Matching CT and RT dose coordinates

Scott Johnson Scott.Johnson at neuwave.com
Wed Feb 23 13:04:03 EST 2011

If the FrameOfReferenceUIDs of the CT and the RT dose are the same, they
both exist in the same coordinate system, if they don't, you will have
to register the dose to the CT somehow.

Because the resolution of the dose will generally be different than the
CT a reasonable strategy is to loop through your CT voxels and use the
position at the center of that voxel to sample into the RT Dose grid.
When you sample into the RT Dose you may need to interpolate the actual
dose value.  That dose value determines your shading.

The other issue to be aware of is that the dose grid may not completely
cover the CT image data.  This is probably why the origins are different
for your data.

                                -- Scott