[vtkusers] Activiz and vtkChartXY

dbenzhuser MatthiasBinninger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 23 11:37:11 EST 2011

Hi everybody!

 I'm searching for a kind of Activiz - RenderWindowControl - vtkChart "Hello World" example.

 I was able to "rewrite" the chart example here
 http://www.kitware.com/products/html/NewChartAPIInVTK.html
 using the Activiz 5.6.1 framework, but I don't see how I can render a chart inside the Kitware.VTK.RenderWindowControl.

 In the HalloVTKForm example provided with Activiz, a vtkActor is set with the AddViewProp() method, but I can't cast a ChartXY object to vtkProp (no wonder, they arent anywhere close in the object stucture).

 I tried to create a new vtkContextView and set its render window to the one provided by the control like this:

 vtkRenderWindow renwin = renderWindowControl1.RenderWindow;
 vtkContextView view = vtkContextView.New();
 (...)
 view.GetRenderer().SetRenderWindow(renwin);

 but it only opens a new window instead of drawing inside the control.

 Thanks for your help!