[vtkusers] vtkChart/OpenGL tests fail on win32

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Feb 23 09:48:00 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:47 AM, djanello <djanello at gmail.com> wrote:

> runtime cxx tests on the new vtkChart api (open gl) fail on win32 both
> mingw32 and msvc++ 2008 builds.
>
> symptoms:
>
> screen flashes and exits with no error msg.

We have not seen this on our dashboards, where we test on quite a few
Windows variants, with different cards/drivers. Could you be more
specific, i.e. what version of VTK, what graphics card/Windows version
are you using and do you get any kind of backtrace?

> is there an opengl config I need to set in windows?  in openbsd to fix flaky
> radeon drivers i need to set the opengl software rendering environment
> variable, this was on low level opengl codes have not tested vtk there yet,
> that is up for tomorrow.

VTK can build against Mesa to use software rendering, Windows has not
had any issues I have been aware of. Can you download a ParaView 3.10
rc (they use the same charts, and try charts in there to rule out any
kind of build issue.

> btw the widget tests run on win32, does this have an opengl backend also?
> was wondering why the widget tests ran OK and the chart cxx tests had
> runtime crashes.

Do you mean the 3D widgets? They are OpenGL, and it is possible the
charts are using something in OpenGL that the widgets are not.

Marcus