[vtkusers] Information of vtkActor, points and coordinates

ederhazael ederhazael at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:10:38 EST 2011

I have a problem, I am trying to get the "number of points" and the "number
of cells" with this code:

int points=Actor->GetMapper()->GetInput()->GetNumberOfPoints();
int cells=Actor->GetMapper()->GetInput()->GetNumberOfCells();

but in both cases, I get a 0. I think that I need "Build Cells" and "Build
Links" as in the mesh, but the code is diferent because I use this code in
the mesh;

"Mesh"->GetOutput()->BuildCells();

But in the vtkActor it not work, because it not have the opcion.

What do you think?

Thanks