[vtkusers] ActiViz vtkImagePlaneWidget

Oksnevad, Bjorn bjorn.oksnevad at medtronic.com
Tue Feb 22 15:08:12 EST 2011

Hello,
I received support from Kitware (thanks David Cole) and wanted to contribute back to the user list.

When using ActiViz, it is important to hold .NET managed references to vtk objects or objects used by vtk objects.  Skipping this step often will result in AccessViolationExceptions where .NET performs garbage collection on memory that is still being used by VTK.  This is especially necessary for .NET event handlers.

Cheers,
Bjorn