[vtkusers] iMac build issues VTK_USE_X

Brickle Macho michael at borck.id.au
Tue Feb 22 08:10:17 EST 2011

Hi All,

I have managed to build VTK and run a simple program that renders a
shape and writes some text to a window to convince myself that VTK is
working.     Next I have attempted to build PCL+Visualization standalone
which has VTK as a dependency.  When I run ccmake I get the following
error as I attempt to configure makefiles:

[ 73%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/pcl_visualization.dir/src/libpcl_visualization/interactor.cpp.o
In file included from
/Users/brickle/Development/source/pcl-core-visualization/src/libpcl_visualization/interactor.cpp:38:
/Users/brickle/Development/source/pcl-core-visualization/include/pcl_visualization/interactor.h:43:42:
error: vtkXRenderWindowInteractor.h: No such file or directory

I found "vtkXRenderWindowInteractor.h" in my VTK source tree and does
not show up in install directory.   I assumed that I probably need to
build VTK with X.  Is this a correct assumption?   I attempted to
reconfigure/build VTK with the VTK_USE_X option selected and I get the
following error:

CMake Error at CMake/vtkTestGLX.cmake:212 (file):
  file STRINGS file "/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/GL/glx.h"
  cannot be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Rendering/CMakeLists.txt:482 (INCLUDE)

I do have the following directory:
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL but I cannot find
glx.h anywhere on my system.

I am not sure what to try next, should I

* Build VTK to use X as well as Cocoa
* Install a different OpenGL framework.
* Modify PCL+Visualization CMakelist.txt (would know where to start)

 Any help would be appreciated.  If you need more information please let
me know.

Regards,

Brickle