[vtkusers] How to display vectors?

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 05:07:06 EST 2011

Hello,

Below I have attached some figure files:

1. act_mesh.png : this is how my actual mesh looks like.
2. vect_nodes.png: This is how vectors are displayed at each and every node
points of the mesh
3. vect_10pix.png; &
4. vect_15pix.png

Now, I want to implement the feature where in
1) user can either view vectors at every node point, or
2) user can view vectors on (rectangular) grid by providing x and y spacing

1st option is represented in vect_nodes.png file where vectors are displayed
at each nodes.

and in second case, using the existing data points, a new grid is created
using x and y spacing (this spacing is provided by user) and vectors are
displayed at each newgrid points.
for example I have attached two files

vect_10pix.png where vectors are displayed at every 10pixels along x and y
axis; &
vect_15pix.png where vectors are displayed at every 15pixels along x and y
axis.

Is it possible to display vectors in such format in VTK?

Thanks

Regards
Rakesh Patil