[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Virtualization/virtual stacks in VTK/ITK

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 06:28:32 EST 2011

Not in VTK/ITK per-se. Paraview does run on a server, in parallel mode, and
can perform distributed processing on multiple nodes.

W.R.T strictly VTK and ITK, both support streaming, ie if your
filter-pipeline can run on pieces/regions of image data, you can run the
filters on each part and stich the result together. Readers in ITK such as
vtkMetaImageReader and in VTK such as vtkXMLImageDataReader both support
streaming. Most fIlters support streaming.