[vtkusers] Intersection of three orthogonal vtkImagePlaneWidget objects

arturex arturo_caissut at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 18 12:22:44 EST 2011

Hi all,

I need to find the point that represents the intersection of three
orthogonal vtkImagePlaneWidgets.
Have you got any hint? I was thinking about something like:

1 - Convert PlaneA into a vtkPolyData object
2 - Convert PlaneB into a vtkImplicitFunction
3 - Use PlaneB as the implicit function of a vtkCutter filter to obtain the
intersection line between PlaneA and PlaneB
4 - Convert PlaneC into a vtkImplicitFunction as well
5 - Use PlaneC as an implicit function to cut the PolyData that represents
the intersection line of PlaneA and PlaneB with another instance of
vtkCutter

This seems a painful process to me, I am sure there is a better way to do
it.
Any ideas?

Thank you very much,
Arturo Caissut

P.S. By the way, I need the intersection point to start with a procedure to
manually shift the planes by dragging their intersection point. Maybe
there's a way to avoid any extra step and directly drag the widgets?