[vtkusers] Filtering the image output of an ImagePlaneWidget

Michael Frankham mikejf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:49:49 EST 2011

Hullo

I'm attempting to take the output of an ImagePlaneWidget and display it in
2D in another frame in real-time. I'm taking the GetResliceOutput from the
widget, then running it through a series of filters - imageFlip,
imagePermute, imageResample - then an imageMapper and a 2D actor. Seems
standard enough an operation, from what I understand?

The problem I'm running into is that if I just connect the raw reslice
output to the mapper it works fine, but when I plug it through the other
filters first it gives me the expected flipped/rotated/scaled output on my
2D actor but ALSO massively distorts the texture displayed on the widget.
This confuses me - I was under the impression that the way the pipeline
worked meant that changes the filters made only applied to the outputs from
those filters and couldn't propagate back up the pipeline to the original
image, so I'm really not sure why it's distorting the image in the widget.

Can anyone give me some tips on what's happening here and how I might avoid
it?

Regards
- Michael.