[vtkusers] Exodus block IDs and vtkExodusIIReader

Nathan Smith nathanjsmith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:22:12 EST 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to read the block IDs out of an Exodus file using the
vtkExodusIIReader class.  I read through the really helpful
"vtk.vtkExodusIIReader: information in GetOutput()?" thread and see how to
get the name of the blocks out of the reader object.  In the files that I've
looked at, the name includes the block IDs.  Getting at them, though, would
require parsing the strings, which seems terribly error prone.  Is there a
method to read the block IDs from the reader or its output that does not
require string parsing?

Thanks!

Nathan