[vtkusers] [Insight-users] Overlay segmented binary image on vtkImageViewer2

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:59:26 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Xiaopeng Yang <yxp233 at postech.ac.kr> wrote:

> Wow, that’s a great project! But it is hard for me to understand it. I applied vtkImageBlend to combine the original and mask images. That’s a pretty easy way for me. But I cannot change the mask image color. Do you have any idea to change the mask image color?

Is that fast enough for you? When I wrote my CT Viewer 2 years ago
using a vtkImageBlend to blend a mask image with my CT data sets ended
up taking a ridiculously large amount of memory (800+ MB per view
axial, coronal,sagittal) and had a 20 to 60 second setup time.
Overlaying a color mask slice over a grayscale slice was my solution
and that was instant.

John