[vtkusers] ChoosePixelFormat failed error

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:38:57 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have vtk 5.9 (git sync to head) wrapped in java, compiled in vs2008
release mode.  Every three to five times I run my app (three
imageviewer2 objects, one vtkSmartVolumeMapper to a 3D rendering), I
get a ChoosePixelFormat error that crashes the program abruptly when
running on Windows 7 64 bits.

What's going on here?  If it's a driver bug, it's persistent across
three different machines with three different graphics cards (one is a
homebuilt machine, the other two are laptops).  Is there a way to
debug this?  It's becoming a showstopping bug.

Thanks,
Mark