[vtkusers] vtkImageActor layers/bring to front?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Feb 14 09:00:59 EST 2011

If the two images are at the same location in space, it seems like you
should blend the two images (vtkImageBlend) and then display it.

If they are at different depths, you can achieve transparency either by
setting the opacity on both or on the actor closer to the camera to be
non-zero.
Alternatively to achieve transparency on selected regions of an image, you
can give it RGBA or LA (2 or 4 component) data. The last component will be
treated as alpha value for the pixel.

I would suggest that you dither one of the images by a small amount.