[vtkusers] stenciling problem-- is this code thread safe?

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:39:45 EST 2011

wait, never mind!  I had some issues with vtk strings, but it appears
that this line:

outWin.SetInstance(outWin);

is now deprecated or something, because having that line active in this snippet:

            vtkFileOutputWindow outWin = new vtkFileOutputWindow();
            outWin.SetInstance(outWin);
            outWin.SetFileName("MVSVTKViewer.log");

throws this exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: vtkId
        at vtk.vtkOutputWindow.SetInstance_3(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkOutputWindow.SetInstance(vtkOutputWindow.java:45)
        at com.mvs.viewer.Application.main(Application.java:63)

But that's a different issue (bug?)