[vtkusers] Volume overlay problem

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 10 16:59:04 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to overlay two volumes for display.  I have not been able
to find an example like this, and while I did find several questions
regarding this in the email archives, none of them had answers.
However, this seems like something that would be commonly used.  If
there are examples of this somewhere that I have missed, could you let
me know?

My approach is to map both objects onto the same image in different
value ranges, and then use a piecewise color map to differentiate
between them.  I am attaching pictures of the object to be displayed
in black and white and the color patches to be displayed on top.
However, my display does not look like I had expected, as seen in the
third image attached.  I am also including my code.

If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know!

Sara