[vtkusers] How to create 3d surface from vtkPolyData?

Andrej Gluhov realandron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:50:42 EST 2011

Yes, I looked. In this example all points are integer values in double
format. My contours have points with double value...

vtkVoxelContoursToSurface description:

create surface from contours

vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter.html>is
a filter that takes contours and produces surfaces. There are some
restrictions for the contours:

   - The contours are input as
vtkPolyData<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html>,
   with the contours being polys in the
vtkPolyData<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html>
   .
   - The contours lie on XY planes - each contour has a constant Z
   - The contours are ordered in the polys of the
vtkPolyData<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html>such
that all contours on the first (lowest) XY plane are first, then
   continuing in order of increasing Z value.
   - *The X, Y and Z coordinates are all integer values.*
   - The desired sampling of the contour data is 1x1x1 - Aspect can be used
   to control the aspect ratio in the output polygonal dataset.

--
С Уважением,
Андрей.