[vtkusers] Multipass Rendering requirements

dstivanov dimitar.ivanov at musala.com
Fri Feb 4 08:45:30 EST 2011

Hello, VTK Users!

I'm using the java binding of vtk.
I'm trying to apply blur on a 3d object. After a long search I found that
this could be accomplished by render passes, and especially with Gaussian
Blur Pass. Unfortunately, using the tutorial
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/MultiPass_Rendering#Overview I haven't
accomplished to obtain a result.

I suppose I'm using old OpenGL version, but I couldn't fin the requirements
for OpenGL versions for using multipass rendering in the vtk wiki page.

Could you please tell me what are the requirements (OpenGL version for
example) to use multipass rendering. Of course some examples on real using
of gaussian blur would be useful!

Thank you!

Dimitar