[vtkusers] What means "connection" in SetInputArrayToProcess ?

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Feb 1 12:31:48 EST 2011

2011/2/1 Aurélien Marsan <aur.marsan at gmail.com>

> Dear vtk users,
>
> Now I'm trying to use the filters of vtk more efficiently.... and to take
> advantage of the pipeline capabilities.
> But if I understand what idx, port, fieldassociation and fieldattribute
> mean, I can't find any explanation about what "int connection" refers to...
>
> I found that it is equal to 0 in most fo cases..... but why ... ?!

For some algorithms, input ports are repeatable, so you can assign more than
one input to a particular port. This means that in order to fully specify an
input dataset (or array), you need both the input port and the connection
index within that port. It will always be 0 except if you are using one of
those special algorithms.