[vtkusers] error message reading (Mac-created?) DICOM files in a Windows app

Steven Chall stevec at renci.org
Tue Feb 1 09:53:58 EST 2011

Mathieu,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm happy you're still on the list:  I've already benefited from several of your earlier archived postings as I begin to use VTK's DICOM-reading and -displaying capabilities.

Yes, vtkDICOMImageReader is clearly a powerful class.  The mystery for me in this case is that it's trying to load files in a directory that doesn't even exist on my machine, and I don't think on any Windows machine (I don't believe Windows supports files or directories whose names begin with '.').  I'm trying to figure out why it's appending ".DS_Store" to the path I give it, then failing to parse the resulting string, then moving on to successfully loading the files in that directory that do exist.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Steve

-Steve Chall
 Senior Research Software Developer
 Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)