[vtkusers] vtkCommand calldata parameter of Execute()

Luke hazelnusse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:58:07 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Sebastien Jourdain
<sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
> Can't you request the informations that you need as you do get a
> pointer to the source where the event was generated ?

As I understand it, the vtkCommand subclass is an observer of the
TimerEvent of the renderWindowInteracter instance.  So somehow I need
to tell the renderWindowInteracter what data I want it to pass to my
callback when the TimerEvent is triggered.  I don't know how to do
this -- can you be more specific?

> Otherwise, you just put anything as it's a void pointer. Create your
> own struct and that's it. But make sure you know who delete the
> pointer...

Yes this make sense, I just don't know how to tell
renderWindowInteracter that I want my struct (or whatever) passed to
observers of the TimerEvent.  After reading the documentation of
renderWindowInteractor, I am no clearer, and I haven't been able to
find any examples.

~Luke