[vtkusers] how ti binarize a volume?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 13:28:52 EST 2011

Please keep cc'ing the vtk users list.

You said you ran the polydata through vtkVoxelModeller which:

// vtkVoxelModeller is a filter that converts an arbitrary data set to a
// structured point (i.e., voxel) representation. It is very similar to
// vtkImplicitModeller, except that it doesn't record distance; instead it
// records occupancy. By default it supports a compact output of 0/1
// VTK_BIT. Other vtk scalar types can be specified. The Foreground and
// Background values of the output can also be specified.
// NOTE: Not all vtk filters/readers/writers support the VTK_BIT
// scalar type. You may want to use VTK_CHAR as an alternative.

So I guess you are done!