[vtkusers] [vtk 5.8.0] vtkCubeAxesActor and SetZAxisRange Problem

R M mlokida at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 8 04:20:46 EST 2011

Hello,

I have a display problem with SetZAxisRange  of vtkCubeAxesActor  (with vtk 5.8 on Linux and Windows).

I have a geometry that I scale along the Z axis (in order to have a better view).  I want to plot  bbox geometry info. So, I use vtkCubeAxesActo.

Moreover, I want to have Zmin and Zmax of my orignal geometry and not the scaled values. So, I use SetZAxisRange to set zmin and zmax of my geometry.

I set the actor bbox of my geometry to the the vtkCubeAxesActor  (using SetBounds).

cubeAxesActor->SetBounds(pld->getActor()->GetBounds());
sp_cubeAxesActor->SetZAxisRange(geozMin, geozMax);

At each scaling, I set cubeAxesActor->SetBounds(pld->getActor()->GetBounds());

The bounds are OK but the Z Range is not updated when coming back to the orignal geometry scale.   When rotating, the other displayed Z axis are Ok but the one with the Z range problem is always affected. In attachment there is a screenshot of the problem.

Any idea to resolve this problem ? Is it a bug ?

Thank you.