[vtkusers] radii of vtkCylinder and vtkCylinderSource are unequal?

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 16:33:40 EST 2011

Thanks David,

Good to know it is an approximating issue, and not me.

However, I don't really know where the plane is. Although I could calculate it, but then I could position the vertices and triangulate between them myself (no need for the vtkClipPolyData class...).

I guess improving the clipping would involve vtkGenericCell::Clip().

Also, I made a simple application in which I can change the length of the cone relative to the radius of the cylinder; I don't see the clipping improve when I do this... so I am not yet convinced regarding your rule.

Does VTK have a class that triangulates the triangles in a vtkPolyData? The cone resolution just makes the triangles narrower or wider (they keep going from bottom to top).

I think that creating my own ConeCylinderSource class is easiest...

Maarten