[vtkusers] assembly and vtkPLYWriter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:49:42 EST 2011

> Hi David,
> I tried  before, but the appendpolydatafilter doesn't keep the
> characteristic of the two actor (ad example my actors are partially
> overlapped but after the appendpolydatafilter these aren't
> overlapped)...there's a way to get a polydata from the assembly actor?

Have you moved the actors? You can always apply the transformation of
the actors to the original datasets before using the append filter.
What other "characteristics" are you talking about? Coloring, etc is
applied very differently to actors than to the actual data. As far as
I'm aware, there is not a way to get a polydata of the entire assembly
directly.

David