[vtkusers] Remove intermediate filters

janavas josenavasmolina at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 05:39:13 EST 2011

Hi all,

In my application I have the next chain of filters:

mImageData->vtkMarchingCubes->vtkTriangleFilter->vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter->vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter->vtkPolyDataNormals

vtkPolyDataNormals->Update();
mMesh = vtkPolyDataNormals->getOutput();

Once it is generated and I have the result mesh (vtkPolyData), is there any
way to release all the memory from
vtkMarchingCubes->vtkTriangleFilter->vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter->vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter->vtkPolyDataNormals
chain? mImageData won't be changed and I have a lot of problems with memory.

Thanks!
Jose