[vtkusers] how to install and use vtk 5.4

Ming Huang minghuangvtk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 21:38:18 EDT 2011

I am a vtk user. but now I want to install vtk on my laptop.  I have vs 2008 express edtion.  How do I install vtk 5.4 so that I can run programs using vtk on visual studio 2008.

I tried downloading vtk and unzipping it, and then including all the paths in the vc++ directories, but I still got this error
>c:\vtk 5.4\common\vtkWin32Header.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vtkConfigure.h': No such file or directory

which was in the vtkWin32Header.h file