[vtkusers] How to get light intensity of a particular point on a 3D surface model

Wenlong Wang scc.wwl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:17:01 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I've posted this question once, but didn't explain it well. So I reorganized
it as following:

I have a 3D surface model. It is composed by 5090 3D points, each point has
x, y, z coordinate. I put all these points into a vtkPolyData Obeject and
bind it to a vtkActor. I didn't put any other light sources in my model but
the ambient light. I want to get the light intensity of a particular point.
The point is indicated by its point ID. And I'm working on this with VC++.

My problem is, I can't find any vtk function to get the light intensity of a
particular point. Does anyone have idea how to do it?

Thank you very much.

Wenlong