[vtkusers] Interpolation options.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:30:47 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Eloisa Bentivegna
<bentivegna at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:56 PM, David Gobbi wrote:
>
>> Hi Eloisa,
>>
>> The vtkProbeFilter does not allow you to choose how the interpolation
>> is done.  The interpolation is always first order.
>
> I see. Are there alternatives in VTK that implement higher-order interpolation?

Not that I'm aware of.  The VTK mesh interpolation code in the vtkCell
subclasses has no knowledge of the neighboring cells, so higher order
interpolation would be difficult to implement.  Hopefully there is
someone out there who has done it and can provide some pointers.

 - David