[vtkusers] Black lines through ImageActor?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:10:11 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:45 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using an ImageActor with InteractorStyleImage. I have noticed black
> lines appearing which break up my image into 4 tiles, as can be seen in this
> screenshot:
> http://daviddoria.com/Uploads/blacklines.jpg
> Is there a way to prevent this?

The vtkImageActor will break the image up into multiple textures if
the image is too large to fit into a single texture.  There shouldn't
be any black lines, though (and I have never seen black lines,
myself).  You should file a bug report that has details about your
system (OS and graphics) and which version of VTK you are using.

In VTK devel you can use vtkImageResliceMapper with vtkImageSlice
to display large images, these classes allow an image to be efficiently
and correctly displayed even if the image is too large for a texture.

 - David