[vtkusers] Picker

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:45:23 EDT 2011

No, GetSubId is for something else.  It returns a sub-cell Id, which
is totally different thing from a point Id.

With VTK5.4, you are going to find that it is difficult to do what you
want to do.  If you want to see how difficult, you can download the
source code for VTK 5.6 and look at the code for vtkCellPicker.cxx.
Search for "this->PointId" in vtkCellPicker::IntersectActorWithLine()
and work your way backwards to see how the PointId is computed.

 - David