[vtkusers] Incorrect coloring landscape by elevation ?

Artem Babayan artem.paraview at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:30:29 EDT 2011

Hello,

I and drawing the 3D 'landscape' graph using the data defined on 2D
structured grid and I would like to color the resulting graphics
according to elevation. The pipeline looks like this:

vtkImageData->vtkImageDataGeometryFilter->vtkWarpScalar->vtkDataSetMapper

The mapper has a color lookup table. The result (picture attached)
does not shows the color based on elevation, that is points with the
same z-coordinates have different colors. Why? It looks like points in
TRIANGLES which form the surface were colored correctly, by within
each triangle the color is just interpolated. Is it a correct
behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Best wishes
Artem