[vtkusers] Cutting non-convex surfaces

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:59:03 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

The job of vtkStripper is to put the segments in the correct order, so if
isn't doing that, then it is getting the wrong input, or you are incorrectly
using its output.

For the input: are you sure that the input to vtkCutter is a closed surface?
It does not matter whether it is convex or not, only if it is closed.  So you
cannot give it a wireframe as input, for example.

For the output: are you going through the vtkPoints that are output from
vtkStripper and expecting them to be in order?  Because they won't be
(as I mentioned in my previous email).  If you need the actual points to
be in order, you need to use the PointIds in the cell array to re-order them.
A VTK polyline is not a list of points, it is a list of pointIds.

 - David