[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper Problem on Ubuntu

Dirk Fortmeier fortmeier at imi.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Aug 2 11:04:14 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I got some weird problem. When I try to use the
vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper I get the following error:

"vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (0x28ab6f0): Rendering failed because
the following OpenGL extensions are required but not supported:  OpenGL
1.3 is required but not supported"

VTK compiles and displaying normal gl stuff works fine.

Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix this?

Hints:
- Ubuntu 11.04 (64bit)
- nvidia-current (nvidia driver version 270.xx) and nvidia-current-dev
are installed
- no mesa stuff installed
- VTK from the git repository
- Nvidia Quadro 4000 Chipset

Cheers,

Dirk

--
Dirk Fortmeier <fortmeier at imi.uni-luebeck.de>, PhD Student

Institute of Medical Informatics
Graduate School for Computing in Medicine and Life Sciences
University of Lübeck

Building 64, 2F, Room 4
Ratzeburger Allee 160
23538 Lübeck