[vtkusers] Create 3D Volume from 2D DICOM Images

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:09:18 EDT 2011

I have a series of DICOM images, approximately 150, starting from I10 to
around I1500 with 10 increments. I don't know whether the increment between
the filenames are important but I write them also for any case.

I want to make the 3d model of the organ that these DICOM images represent
for my research. I checked the example given by Mark
http://devsample.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=1
here  but I couldn't make it work.

I applied the two examples on vtk wiki page, but none of them gave me the 3D
model from DICOM images. The examples I tried:
IO/ReadDICOM
IO/ReadDICOMSeries

I appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.