[vtkusers] vtkLinearFilter doesn't work with the output of vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:23:08 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Jothy <jothybasu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I mean it give incorrect results. After applying the extrusion filter I use
> vtkImageAccumulate to get the no. of voxels inside the extrusion (with
> reverse stencil ON in vtkImageStencil). it gives "0" voxels. But it works
> correclty with appendPolyDataFilter->GetOutput(). I think the output of vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter
> is a vtkUnstructuredGrid, since its a mesh.
>
> Is there any way to convert vtkUnstructuredGrid back to vtkPolyData?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jothy

The output of vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter is a vtkPolyData, since it
derives from vtkPolyDataAlgorithm:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter.html

For information sake (since I don't think this is the problem here), you can
use vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter to convert an UnstructuredGrid to a PolyData:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/DataSetSurfaceFilter

David